The importance of a prominent, well-defined, and aligned chin for your overall facial harmony can’t be overstated. The chin brings balance to your entire face, making it look firm, contoured, and attractive. If you have a misaligned or receded chin, a genioplasty in Denver can restore optimal alignment and projection without relying on implants.
Improve Overall Chin Alignment
The chin is the focal point of the jawline and can affect your overall appearance. A weak chin can make a person’s face look unbalanced and top-heavy, making the neck look short and stubby. A strong chin, on the other hand, can give the face a more balanced look and make the neck look more graceful. Dr. Fathimani performs a highly personalized sliding genioplasty to make your chin look perfectly proportional to your face.
What is Sliding Genioplasty?
Sliding genioplasty is a surgical procedure to reposition the chin. The surgery involves making an incision either inside the mouth or under the chin. The surgeon will then reposition the chin bone and secure it with screws or plates. Sliding genioplasty is performed for patients with a receded or insufficiently projected chin. Genioplasty in Denver can improve the jawline and overall facial contours and, in some cases, improve the function of the chin.
Sliding Genioplasty: Aftercare Guidelines
- Take it easy for the first few days. Avoid strenuous activity and give your body time to heal.
- Keep your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Apply ice to your chin for the first few days to reduce swelling.
- Take your pain medication as prescribed.
- Eat soft foods for the first week or two to avoid irritating the incisions.
- Brush your teeth gently, and don’t use a hard-bristled toothbrush.
- Keep your incisions clean and dry.
- Follow up with your surgeon as scheduled to ensure optimal healing.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Kayvan Fathimani is a fellowship-trained facial cosmetic surgeon specializing in cutting-edge surgical techniques to improve the overall contours of your face. The surgeon carefully examines your facial skin and chin, discusses your goals and medical history, and curates a personalized surgical plan. Please schedule a consultation to determine if you’re a good candidate for a sliding genioplasty in Denver.