The aging process can lead to sagging skin and the onset of deep facial creases and wrinkles. The signs of aging might be natural and inevitable, but they’re not irreversible. Dr. Fathimani is a fellowship-trained facial cosmetic surgeon who employs cutting-edge surgical techniques to reverse the signs of aging and help you reclaim your youthful looks with a facelift in Lone Tree.
How Facial Aging Occurs
As we age, our skin cells produce less collagen and elastin. These are the proteins that give our skin a youthful appearance. The loss of collagen and elastin leads to wrinkles, sagging skin, and a loss of plumpness. Sun damage also plays a role in facial aging. Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun damage the skin cells and break down collagen. This damage is cumulative, meaning that the more sun exposure you have, the greater the damage will be.
Over time, the gradual loss of collagen and elastin makes your face become worn out, tired, and frustrated. Furthermore, the onset of deep wrinkles between the eyebrows and on the forehead can make you look frustrated, even if you feel jovial within. Over time, the signs of aging can take a toll on your self-esteem and confidence, making you feel how you look on the outside. Dr. Fathimani’s facelift reintroduces you to your younger self.
What is Facelift?
A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the face. Facelift surgery aims to tighten the skin and underlying tissues and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. A facelift in Lone Tree can be performed on the forehead, mid-face, or lower face. During a facelift, the surgeon makes incisions along the hairline, following which the skin is lifted, and the underlying tissues are tightened with sutures. A facelift takes a decade or more off your face.
Facelift: Aftercare Guidelines
- Limit physical activity. Avoid strenuous activities, such as aerobics, jogging, weight lifting, and contact sports, for at least four weeks. Walking is fine, but take it easy at first.
- Apply ice. Applying ice to your face can reduce swelling and bruising. Wrap ice cubes in a towel and apply them to your face for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- Keep your head elevated. For the first few days after your facelift, try to sleep with your head elevated on pillows. This will reduce swelling and bruising.
- Wear sunscreen. This is especially important if you have had a skin graft.
- Be gentle with your skin. Avoid scrubbing or using harsh cleansers. Gently wash your face with a mild soap and apply a thin layer of moisturizer.
- Watch for signs of infection. Signs of infection after a facelift can include fever, redness, increased pain, and drainage from your incisions. If you notice any of these signs, be sure to call your doctor right away.
Minimally Invasive Facelift Techniques
FaceTite is a minimally invasive facelift technique that uses radiofrequency energy to tighten skin. A small probe is inserted beneath the skin and delivers radio frequency energy to heat up the skin and underlying tissues, which stimulates collagen production and leads to tighter, more youthful-looking skin. Dr. Fathimani can perform FaceTite as an independent procedure or in combination with other facelift techniques to enhance the results.
AccuTite is another minimally invasive facelift option that uses radiofrequency energy to tighten skin. However, AccuTite uses a much smaller probe than FaceTite. This smaller probe allows the doctor to target specific areas of the face, such as the crow’s feet, brow line, or under-eye tear troughs, without prominent scars. The AccuTite technique can also be combined with other facelift techniques or performed independently.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Kayvan Fathimani is a triple board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and fellowship-trained facial cosmetic surgeon specializing in the latest surgical techniques. He takes the time to listen to your goals, measures your skin laxity, and recommends the least invasive techniques to produce the most dramatic yet natural results. His measured, conservative, and personalized approach to facelifts ensures a dramatic reversal in the signs of aging. Please contact Dr. Fathimani to explore your facelift options in Lone Tree, Colorado.